Skip to main content

Hauz Khas - A place for nightlife or rich Indian history to cherish?



AREA AROUND THE TOMB AND THE MOSQUE
Although Indian history is rich in itself, it needs to advertise at times because when time passes, historical monuments start to fade away. Considering this fact, I want to write about one of those sensational places in Delhi, which is known for its music, lights and restaurants, not for its enormous historical monuments.

HAUZ KHAS FORT AND THE LAKE

THE BEAUTIFUL LAKE
That was the tomb which grabbed my attention instantaneously, yet all I wanted to see was "THE LAKE". This colossal "Lake" or "Water Tank" was excavated by Alauddin Khalji, who ruled over Delhi through (1296-1316). The main purpose of this water tank was to supply water to the newly built Siri Fort. In fact, this Lake had become dammed in the region of Firuz Shah Tughlaq (1351-1388) that's why he re-excavated it. 

GIGANTIC GATE OF TOMB

CENOTAPH OF FIRUZ SHAH TUGHLAQ

THE MOSQUE
And then, I started walking towards the tomb and the mosque. I wasn't amazed to see that ravaged tomb and mosque since they were damn haunted. I was anxious to know, "who is buried in this tomb"? And soon, I got my answer. That person was "Firuz Shah Tughlaq". He had great curiosity in the field of architecture; hence he was credited with the construction of several palaces and mosques; moreover, he renovated various old monuments like Sultan Ghari, Suraj Kund and Qutub Minar. Isn't that awesome!

DEER PARK
STREET  FULL OF LIGHTS AND CROWDS
I wanted to saunter more and to go that famous deer park but at that moment I was running out of time. Therefore, I decided to wrap up my visit to this place. Still, there was something which was waiting to surprise me, of course, which this place is famous for. Yeah! you got me. It's nightlife. I hadn't had that much time to enjoy any disc or pub, but I strolled through the lanes which were filled with lights, music and drunk patrons. But a few weeks back, I read news which stated that "21 restaurants have been sealed for not having proper environmental clearances to operate". Sad to know, hope people will continue to visit this place once in a while.


Best time to visit Hauz Khas Village 
November to March

Timings for Hauz Khas Fort
10 AM to 6PM

Entry Fee 
FREE! FREE! FREE!

Comments

Popular Posts

General Knowledge 101 : Wildlife Sanctuaries Of India- Amelioration of learning techniques

Stopover at Delhi Haat (Dilli Haat)

General Knowledge 101: Ramon Magsaysay-Award or renowned personality

Chittorgarh Fort - More than a Jauhar place

General Knowledge 101: A TRIBUTE TO Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM

General Knowledge 101: Indian Wildlife Sanctuaries - Part 2

General Knowledge 101: Asia- Countries, Capitals and Currencies

European Countries and Capitals with Currencies

Damdama Lake - A perfect weekend getaway