Skip to main content

A Souvenir Of Trade Fair






Hello, how are you all? What is going on? From my side it's like a fantasy world is clouding me. Yesterday, while combing through archive, I found some old trade fair pictures. After seeing them I was filled with astute nostalgia for my old days. It just took me a while to cast my mind back to those cherish memories. They were as pristine as I have visited that place a little while back. Today my post will be sum and substances of my whole experience. 





It was concoction of muggy and parched day when my friend and I decided to amble 31st Indian International Trade fair. We had collected our tickets from "Pragati Maidan Metro Station" (As it was pre-decided venue to get tickets). Pragati Maidan triggers so many childhood memories in view of the fact that in every November my family and I used to go there not only for "TRADE FAIR" but also for "APPU GHAR" . It was like amusement park which was amused me in every second.



While writing this post I again started reminiscing of "Appu Ghar". Well that place is closed now and so many replicas are there but no one can re-institute "Appu Ghar". Lets talk about my visit again. So when we entered first we got the view of "Jammu and Kashmir state pavilion". We entered in it and got a privilege to see huge Sozni and Pashmina ark work at every counter but that was the "Jawahar Cut" which had all eyes on. 



After that next pavilion was about Karnataka's well heeled culture. We made headway. At the entry gate I found one indoor hoarding about "Global Investors Meet-2012". I found that so much eye-catching as I couldn't resist myself for a picture with that. When we took a step forward we found very enthralling effigies of ceramicists and their ceramic objects. It made me realize about a plethora of artisans and tradesmen. I found so many graven images and "Kanchipuram Silk Sarees". They all just stole my heart. When we got out it was almost dark outside. We wanted to traipse more but we were running out of time so we didn't cover all  pavilions and went for some of them like; Haryana, Chennai, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh. As we were getting late we just cast a quick glance at every store. In the meanwhile, when we felt hungry, we went for food stalls too. There were huge crowd as they had discrete states cuisines. Whosoever wanted to taste varieties of food that compound was a heaven on earth. We ate Punjabi and Maharashtrian cuisine. After finishing our "So called" dinner we had wend our way home. It was so much fun visiting Trade fair and no doubt that ceramicists' effigies had been the cynosure.







Some general knowledge facts :

  • Starting Year- 1980
  • Objective- Promoting the trade, encouraging various business entities
  • Duration- 15 days (14 to 27 November) of every year.
  • Place- Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India.
  • Nearest Metro Station : Pragati Maidan on Blue Line.
  • Indian International Trade Fair Theme for 2011- Indian Handicrafts- The magic of Gifted Hands.
  • Indian International Trade Fair Theme for 2015- Make In India.

Comments

  1. Hey ... It's nice knowing about this trade fair ! From the pics you uploaded was able to connect up to things you shared... Good job !! Sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!!! Macha. I m happy that you like it that much. I think u must be all the way to Delhi after reading this post.😉😉😉😉.just kidding. I m glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

General Knowledge 101 : Wildlife Sanctuaries Of India- Amelioration of learning techniques

Stopover at Delhi Haat (Dilli Haat)

General Knowledge 101: Ramon Magsaysay-Award or renowned personality

Chittorgarh Fort - More than a Jauhar place

General Knowledge 101: A TRIBUTE TO Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM

General Knowledge 101: Indian Wildlife Sanctuaries - Part 2

Hauz Khas - A place for nightlife or rich Indian history to cherish?

General Knowledge 101: Asia- Countries, Capitals and Currencies

European Countries and Capitals with Currencies

Damdama Lake - A perfect weekend getaway