Skip to main content

Damdama Lake - A perfect weekend getaway


Stress can be catastrophic at times and trigger numerous health issues. But, why am I telling such bloomy tales to you right now? Because today I want to tell you all about such a soothing place that can be your weekend stress buster. If you live in Delhi or NCR(National capital region) and want to leave your all weekdays' anxiety behind Damdama lake is the faultless place to visit. Last month, I made a plan to make my weekend very fruitful and Damdama lake's trip happened promptly; however, this place always crossed my mind. The best way to reach this place is your own vehicle and you can take the feel of the mountains in spite of being present in plain area. 
                                    
Damdama Lake, a reservoir situated at the base of the Aravali hills in Sohna district of Haryana(India), was built when a stone and earthen dam constructed for rain harvesting. This lake is the perfect getaway for the weekend since the British era and fed profusely by monsoon rain. To reach this picturesque place, I drove almost 1 hour and scenic views of the Aravali mountain range made my drive blissful. First, you need to park your vehicle, then you can go to the bank of Damdama Lake. 
                             
That day, the weekend weather was delighted enough to make my day awesome. I didn't want to miss the chance to take a boat ride and I did the same. Superb experience it was with some mosquitos' bite and after that fun boat ride, I only wanted to eat 'Ghar ka khana' which I had with me. People were enjoying camel ride there and I was wondering how come people can have fun on other creatures' discomfort. If you can, please avoid such animal rides and don't try to find pleasure in the misery of others.       

                                   

               

I was so happy until I saw the water level and one Lord Ganesha idol which was half immersed in this lake water. It had jolted my soul and raised many questions. What are we trying to do with our nature and natural surroundings? Was that water level good enough to be called a lake? I am surprised why are we so adamant to dump the garbage and immerse the idols in lakes, rivers or seas? Is this what we are going to hand over to our next generation? This is not a matter of a day or month or year, it is a matter of years. Don't wait for others that only they have the responsibility to make a pollution-free environment. Even, don't you all dare to think one can't make any difference? Believe my words, try to take a step forward you will live in heaven on this earth only. Nevertheless, make your environment and weekend wonderful by taking initiatives.     

How to reach

  • Airport - Indira Gandhi International airport (39 km away from Damdama Lake)
  • Railway - New Delhi Railway Station (53 km away from Damdama Lake)
  • Location Gurgaon - 45 km from Dhaula Kuan Delhi

Damdama Lake timings and entry fees

  • Timings - 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (MON-SUN)
  • Entry fees - Free for all
  • Boat ride -  100 INR (For Adult)                                                          

Comments

Popular Posts

General Knowledge 101 : Wildlife Sanctuaries Of India- Amelioration of learning techniques

Stopover at Delhi Haat (Dilli Haat)

General Knowledge 101: Ramon Magsaysay-Award or renowned personality

Chittorgarh Fort - More than a Jauhar place

General Knowledge 101: A TRIBUTE TO Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM

General Knowledge 101: Indian Wildlife Sanctuaries - Part 2

Hauz Khas - A place for nightlife or rich Indian history to cherish?

General Knowledge 101: Asia- Countries, Capitals and Currencies

European Countries and Capitals with Currencies