Skip to main content

Indian History - Riveting Humayun's Tomb

I thought I'd kick off my blog's new post about Humayun's Tomb within last week but it couldn't happen since I had had a very hectic schedule. But now I am so much available to write more and more about my recent visit to this beautiful inimitable prototype of the historical monument.


 I visited this place last to last week. I didn't have any plan to go out but one of my friends wanted to do some Photo Shoot and needed some historical backdrop. With the aim that he decided the venue. It was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon when we reached there. As it was my first visit I started enchanting to see the entrance gate. We started our work forthwith and I loved to do that. Well! I think even weather knew my mood and ought to this scenario a light current of air was started to tickle my cheeks and touch my hair smoothly. I just loved that blend of parched and muggy climate. I got so much appreciation from onlookers while doing my work. I felt like I was on cloud nine or ten or so on. 

You all must be wondering why am I writing about this visit? So the answer is here. This place has already made it to the list of  "UNESCO World Heritage Site". Humayun's Tomb was designed by Persian architect "Mirak Mirza Ghiyas". Bega Begum (Humayun's first wife) had given the order to Mirak for building this tomb. This place is embellished with "Charbagh" garden. This kind of garden belongs to Persian style which is never seen before in India. When you enter in the main premise and get the all-encompassing view of this tomb it does to be so spellbinding. Thus, this Sunday don't be a couch potato and do saunter this fascinating place.



TIMINGS - 6:00 am to 6:00 pm for all days of the week.

TICKET - Rs. 30 (Adult) ,Rs. 500 (Foreign nationals)

Comments

Popular Posts

General Knowledge 101 : Wildlife Sanctuaries Of India- Amelioration of learning techniques

Stopover at Delhi Haat (Dilli Haat)

General Knowledge 101: Ramon Magsaysay-Award or renowned personality

Chittorgarh Fort - More than a Jauhar place

General Knowledge 101: A TRIBUTE TO Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM

General Knowledge 101: Indian Wildlife Sanctuaries - Part 2

Hauz Khas - A place for nightlife or rich Indian history to cherish?

General Knowledge 101: Asia- Countries, Capitals and Currencies

European Countries and Capitals with Currencies

Damdama Lake - A perfect weekend getaway